Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Another Drive........................................

As I was cruising down the NH-1, I looked out of my car's window. Although i was completely in trance due to the mesmerising way in which the car glided on tarmac. I saw something, something that on most days nobody would have even noticed, let alone give a second look. But then it was no ordinary day and believe me no ordinary sight was that.

Probably most of you have seen it and some would have seen it more than once and at different places and through virtual sight as well. But that day it was different, it was more vivid than anything else there on the road. I stopped but I did not look at her (yes it’s a woman and stop your thoughts right here, it’s not what you are thinking it is) instead I thought about her and thoughts just flowed. She was the one thing that made me come out of my trance and yet it was nothing more that what I had known or seen before. She was the one thing most of the foreigners knew about India and how to represent it when picturising it although how much in an illusion they might be.

She was brown, maybe a bit dark, clad in a sari. She had an earthen pot on her head and was moving slowly. She looked at me and even at more than 100 km/h I couldn’t miss that glance of simplicity. She was in a way the perfect way to describe Indian simplicity. I fell short of words describing her and that one moment of simplicity one hardly finds and if found hardly cares about. I felt for one of those rarest moments that life still has many simple things to relish without being regretful after the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment