Sunday, July 11, 2010

Friend

I have always had a lot of friends. I have been through a lot of institutions. There have been a lot of good friends. But because i changed so many institutions, i could never take a person's name and say we grew up together, are from the same street or have been to same school. So when any one would ask who is your best friend? I would simply say there are a lot of people who are my friends and would never take a single name. Some might argue i was being politically correct, but that really was the case with me. But then it happened. I was sitting in the class not alone but in a bunch of friends and suddenly you came to my mind. A flood of memories came to my mind of all the time we spent together, our laughs, our hangouts. I was engulfed in a sea of emotions. I still can't figure out why that happened. I couldn't stop my emotions, could hide my tears as they came out. I was wondering why it was happening. I haven't missed my home, my parents, my city so much so. But at that moments i was completely cut off from reality. I forgot i was sitting in a class with people all around me. I guess you once told me cancerians are very emotional finally came out in the open. We have been together for only 4 years but from those 4 years, the time we spent together was most memorable. You were not only a friend for me, you were like a brother, many a times a mentor. I learned so much from you. We argued, we debated, we clashed at many points but we always inseparable. It is a big truth and i learned it today “Sometimes you learn the value of something when that thing is away from you”. At that moment i was thinking if there is one thing i could change would you sitting beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment